Unfortunately, due to the deteriorating Covid-19 situation in Cardiff and especially the Grangetown area this week, we have regrettably taken the decision to cancel our Christmas markets at the new Grange Pavilion.
We have to put the safety of the public, stallholders and volunteers at the forefront of what we do, and logistically after looking at our assessments we felt the risks were too great.
There are links to our great stallholders below – so please order online for your gifts and we hope to be back in the New Year, raring to go again…
Full details of our decision below too.
These are our stalls – please support them if they sell online and hopefully we’ll meet again soon, in better circumstances….
- Rhian Kate Designs Our favourite local jewellery designer is back with us https://www.rhiankate.co.uk/
- Anna Palamar Designs Cardiff print-maker and designer – a wonderful mix of cards, clothing and gifts https://www.annapalamardesigns.com/
- Upcycled Home Goods with Jo Upcycled gifts
- Daisy & Belle ice cream with full Welsh cream and the wow factor! https://daisyandbelle.co.uk/
- Lush Blooms – flowers and floral arrangements from Anita https://www.lushbloomsbespokefloristry.com/
- Panda’s Pockets – re-fashioning, making something beautiful, jazzy or useful out of something old – there will be a great range of bags https://www.facebook.com/pandas.pockets/
- Felt crafts and Tropic skincare – a totally natural and vegan friendly skincare and makeup range
- Closet Queens – vintage and pre-loved clothing stall .
- Wild Thing – a big welcome back to Grangetown to everyone’s favourite vegan food business, hopefully on a permanent basis soon! https://www.wildthingcardiff.com/
- Page Illustrations – Lovely to welcome the talented Matilda, who will be bringing her prints, inspired by plants https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/PageIllustrations
- Little Opus Studio – More classy gift ideas, with prints by Mercy https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/LittleOpusStudio
- Hello Good Pie Ltd – meat and vegetarian pies Hello Good Pie
- Heavy Hand Bakes – cookies and more Heavy Hand Bakes | Facebook
- Mrs Woolford – vegan-friendly eco wraps providing fully sustainable wrapping for your food like sandwiches/rolls/cake etc
- Rose Kate Art – Resin glitter crafts, art and more RoseKateArt – Made in Wales
- Milltir Sgwar – Llinos with soy eco-candles https://www.facebook.com/MilltirSgwar/
- Crafty Microbe – Denise brings crochet toy gifts, and specialises in amigurumis – a Japanese art of crocheting small, stuffed yarn creatures. https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/CraftyMicrobes
- Olla Homeware – affordable and functional ceramics
- Pepe’s Cactus – whatever space you have in your home, you might want to try to cultivate cactus and succulents
- EB Arts – art and cushions
- Gof – jewellery
- Gazel Designs – Gifts from pebbles, driftwood and shells
- Kerry Wallace – Art and illustrations
- Lethe Charms – hand-made jewellery Lethe Charms | Facebook
- Little Green Leaf – Aimee with clothes and plants
- Grangetown Baptist Church – sewing and crafts, gifts
- Pinc Melon – personalised gifts and Christmas hampers
- Brig Jones – knitwear and Christmas decorations
We are looking for volunteers to help at our markets, both setting up and stewarding. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for any inquiries.
A QUICK WORD ON WHY…..
“It is with a very heavy heart that we have cancelled the two December markets. In light of today’s announcements by Cardiff Council on its own events and an alarming rise in Covid case rates, we felt our obligation and duty to public health offered no other option.
“We sought advice from councillors and the way forward was clear. We have to cancel.
“We appreciate that this is hugely disappointing, but people’s safety comes above everything else.
“Stallholders were told immediately of the decision and we will do all we can to assist – and hopefully all will be back with us at the earliest opportunity.
“Let’s hope that next year will bring a beautiful spring, full of blooms, birds, butterflies and the sound of ringing tills at Grange Pavilion!”
- Further markets are currently planned for 27th February 2021; 15th May; 17th July and 11th December 2021.
#ShopLocal Arabic Art Baking Bread Burgers Business forum Cafe Cakes Cardiff Cardiff University Cashflow Clothing Coffee Community Crafts Delicatessen Design Designs DIY Drawing Drink Fair Trade Fashion featured Food Gifts Grangetown Hardware Jewellery Local Business Market Marketing Mediterranean Pizza Polish Pubs Retail Spanish Specialist Street food Street market Training Vegan Vegetarian