Love Grangetown, Shop Grangetown
This is the idea summed up in one sentence.
The aim is to promote and encourage independent shopping and use of our local shops, businesses and trades-people.
A project has been set up with Grangetown Community Action, Cardiff University’s Community Gateway Programme and Cardiff Business School, bringing on board local businesses and volunteers.
Initial market research has been done, positively backing the initiative and identifying ideas and challenges ahead.
We’re looking at
- Local businesses, shop keepers and tradespeople being encouraged to join Grangetown’s first local business forum – launched 25th January at TramshedTech – a chance to network, discuss issues of mutual interest and concern, get free digital/tech and other training, while working towards #LoveGrangetown/Shop Local goals.
- Exploring the idea of an online business forum alongside the face-to-face body.
- Volunteer project group of interested residents with Cardiff University students to set up an occasional street market – to help attract more people to the centre of Grangetown.
- More features in Grangetown News, the community website and social media – including updating and developing the directory of local businesses and organisations.
- Working towards events such as an “independent Saturday,” ShopLocal campaign, Grangetown hour.
- Looking at the feasibility of reward and loyalty schemes